Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Winter Mantle

DSC_0126
What is better in the long winter months than snuggling under a warm blanket by the fireplace and reading a good book. I love this time of year for this reason. I also get a little anxious for Spring to come but, I thought I would share my winter fireplace mantle. I have a stack of books (some of the classics, of course. Who doesn’t love Little Women?) With a 3-dimensional block with pictures and wording that describes my favorite people…my family of course!
DSC_0128
The wood lettering was painted black and then scrapbook paper was mod podged on the front of some of the letters. I left three of the letters plain black and covered four of the letters.
I added a bluebird to the end of my letters so that it would remind me that Spring is coming next!DSC_0115
So now that Valentine’s is almost here, I guess I should change the mantle to everything Valentine’s. Which is fine because a splash of color around here is a welcome change to the grey dreariness outside.
Cassy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails