Friday, July 2, 2010

Projects to finish the Boy's Airplane Room

Here's what I've been up to....projects to finish the boy's room!
Some items from the boys room just weren't working with the color scheme and needed a little more color. This old window had been filled with pictures of the boys together when they were little. I love the photos but, the gray/white color of the window wasn't adding anything to the black and white photos.
So, I used the paint color from the blue dressers to help the black and white photos stand out!
As soon as I got out my paint, my daughter got out her water colors. I guess someone might like being creative like me, YEAH!
This little quart of paint has been worth it's weight in gold. I am using it for all of the accent peices(dressers, drapery rod, corbals). This way I can have them match but, they are all unique peices which make them all different yet coordinating.
I had this drapery rod from a street find a few years ago. I am reusing it from the family room at the other house. I needed the holders but, must have left them at the other house. I found new ones for twelve dollars at hobby lobby but, didn't have a coupon so I just couldn't bring myself to buying them. I went to the local thrift store and found these beauties for a dollar a peice. Love a good deal!
A little paint and they are custom and ready to go!
The next thing was to hang the old window/picture frame and to re-hang the "brothers" letters.
Now, the only thing I have left to do is to apply the airplane decals. They are monochromatic and SUPER cool! I love that they are a theme that can work for little boys yet, they can grow into it until pre-teen years. It's definetely not baby and yet not TOO old. PERFECT! Now, on to the reveal!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails